Thursday, September 10, 2009

Save Money on Summer Cooling Bills Tips to Help You Do Just That

If you are like many of us your summer cooling bills really took a large chunk of your vacation money or even holiday shopping money that you had saved up. However, you are probably like many of us and are trying to find any method possible to save money during these times of hard economic times, but sweating inside of your home because of the heat is generally not an option for many people. I know that for me even though my house is well insulated and does have an air conditioner that is good on energy it can still be a pricey summer months. Here is a tip that can help you keep your home cool without having to use the air conditioner.

The tip that I have found that works out really well and even helps out the air conditioner when I do have it on is to make use of curtains. I know that normally I like to leave my curtains open to let in light, but you have to remember that with that light it brings in a ton of heat! I noticed a marked difference in how often my air conditioner had to come on and also in the temperature of my house when I just simply closed the curtain. If you are a numbers person you can consider that I would have my thermostat set at 70 and it would kick on about three times during the day. However, after I closed my curtains the air conditioner would only come on once a day!



Autor: Summer Bauer

If you are really looking for a way to save energy and money on your summer cooling bills you might want to consider using solar power. You can find more information about sold power by clicking here SolarhomepowerDIY.info. If you want even more great ideas on cooling bill savings you will want to click there and read that article.


Added: September 10, 2009
Source: http://ezinearticles.com/

0 Comments: