Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Look Into DIY Solar Energy Kits - How You Can Save Thousands of Dollars Annually!

Most of us, these days are looking for ways to save money, with the financial crisis set to worsen and be with us for quite some time, it makes sense to look for ways to save a dollar here and there. DIY solar energy kits can help do just this, save us some money, money which we can then use to sure up our lives while we ride out this economic storm. It was with this in mind I decided to take a look into DIY solar energy kits and find out how to build your own solar panels.

I did some searching online and came up with a number of solutions, the cheapest of which was to go down the path of a do it yourself solution. There were a number of "how to build your own solar panel" guides available for under $50. After reading a few reviews I settled on one and sat down to read through the instructional manual that only took a few minutes to download.

The next day I headed off to the local hardware store to assemble all the material mentioned in the guide, the materials cost just under $200, which is a very small cost when you consider the up to 80% reduction on your power bill promised by the guide I purchased.

Armed with all my materials I set off back home to start the assembly process.

I quickly became aware of how lucky I was to have a really clear and concise guide to follow, the guide I purchased even had video instructions, and 24 hour online support to help out with any questions.

Assembling my diy solar energy kit was almost child play, it was so straightforward that I had my first panel assembled before day's end. So easy was the process that I decided to get my youngest son involved on the next panel and to say it was a fun and rewarding experience for both of us would be an understatement.

Now I know there are all the environmental virtues of utilizing solar energy, but for our household, the benefit we are most aware of is saving money, we are now saving 60 - 70% off our monthly power bill, this translates to over a thousand dollars a year.



Autor: Jon Osbourne

A few words about the how to build your own solar panel guide I purchased, it's crucial you get a good guide, I was lucky in that I found a review which steered me in the right direction to ensure my project was a success. You can find the review site here Solar Energy Kits

If you would like some more information on making your own solar panels, check out the following link diy solar energy


Added: May 14, 2009
Source: http://ezinearticles.com/